We have a small group of people putting together Horsham’s new networking group for Digital people. If you want to get involved in shaping the group, now’s the time to join!
Horsham Coder Dojo is a weekly open and free club for students aged 10 and up. The aim of the club is to have a place where everyone can develop, have fun and learn from each other.
What do you actually do?
We give small inputs to groups to get started on new projects and then support them week on week. Some students come to do their own thing, some students follow the path we set. Most come up with their own extensions as time progresses. Examples of what we’ve done so far include:
- Basic text based adventure games using basic If statements and functions.
- Basic drawing and games using curses
- Experimenting with the Raspberry Pi to:
- Light LEDs
- Print using a thermal printer
- Control a robotic arm
- Using the new Micro-bits to code flashing LEDs and make use of the accelerometer.